Five pieces of advice on dissertation structure specifics
Academic writing needs discipline should any writer aim at attaining a good ranking in the sphere of academics. Well, there is a standard way of writing a dissertation paper. It gives a well-defined format and style of doing so and this is what students are expected to follow in the course of doing their assignments back in school. Proper preparation and learning will help any adept researcher deliver a high quality paper in the end. This will ensure that the paper is well-written and that it contains the flow needed to provide a coherent argument.
- Introduce your topic of study: the introduction should give details of the purpose of the study, its justification and significance. Additionally, the aim and objectives of the paper must be defined. Prior to further development, it is important to provide background information to the research. This will form a good basis upon which the paper can be developed.
- A review of literature: your dissertation should contain a thorough literature review on the topic of study. Most importantly, use recent sources unless otherwise demanded. Usually, recent sources have the most current information. Otherwise, you may be delving on areas that have already been covered in recent times. Working with these sources is a proof that you have done your homework well.
- Your study approach and design of methodology should carefully be chosen. The philosophy of your dissertation study method must be well explained and why it matches the type of data and information used in the paper.
- Discussion of findings: this is the critical section of your paper. Make sure that you rigorously interpret your findings based on the method used in getting answers to your study questions. This is the stage at which your professor will be looking at whether your paper was worth the effort or not. Present your data well and show proof of how your topic has been addressed.
- Summary and Conclusion: summarize the key findings of your paper and draw conclusions from them. Restate the study objectives and show how they have been addressed in the process of developing answers to your dissertation.